Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 5

Today I attended the last meeting of the ALIA 2012 Biennial organising committee. I've been involved with the conference since preparing the bid in 2009. With the conference now five weeks away, all our hard work is paying off. It's been a great experience, and the rest of the committee have been a great group of people to work with. Hope to see you all in Sydney in July!

In my first #blogjune post, I mentioned that my posts from Monday and Tuesday would tend to be non-work-related. This is because I am lucky enough to be able to take parental leave two days a week to look after my sons, aged 3 1/2 and 15 months. I've been doing this since February, and the leave will run until February next year. We've got a bit of a routine going: we go to Ready, Steady, Go Kids on Monday morning, and storytime at the local library on Tuesday morning. I did the same thing when our eldest son was born, and it's quite a bit different with two of them to look after. It can be a bit trying at moments, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment