Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Celebrations and commiserations

It was a big day for us today. Our eldest son, who's four, started pre-school today. He's been really looking forward to it for the past few weeks. Today he headed off with his back-pack and lunchbox, looking very grown-up. The drop-off was totally uneventful - he'd finished the first of the day's three paintings before we'd even left! When we picked him up, the teacher said he'd been fine all day, which is what we'd expected. He answered all our questions about his day, and is looking forward to going back tomorrow.

That was the celebration for today. The commiseration is that I have to go back to work tomorrow for the first time since Christmas. At least it's only for three days a week, but it has been very nice spending time with my family over the last few weeks. After dropping my son off at pre-school, my wife and I went for a walk in Parramatta Park with our youngest son. We ended up walking along the Parramatta River as far as the Rivercat wharf, where we stopped for morning tea. During the walk back we collected the information needed to complete a puzzle cache, and we'll be back another day to find it. On the bright side, I do have a new bag to take to work. I call it my "man bag", and it's a satchel - a nice change from the back-pack that I've used as my work bag for years. I'll also be able to catch up on the podcasts that I listen to during my bus ride to walk. I've got a backlog of a few week's worth, so it will be nice to relax with those. Hi, ho, hi, ho, it's off to work I go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment